Friday, December 30, 2005

The End To My Hosting Provider Search

Last week I posted a complaint and vented my frustration with my hosting provider. My freelance site was up the next day, after a series of sporadic outages. However the instability had me ready to seek new providers. I looked at a few sites and checked out rates. Today I logged in to my service provider to check when my next billing cycle would come. Lo and behold, a new company has taken over my hosting provider.

I drilled in through the new interface, checked on some of my services and like the improvements! For an additional buck and a half the new company will guaranty 99.9% up-time. I'm not going to upgrade just yet. My site has not come down since last week and I have been using it frequently via FTP. I have noticed major improvements with speed and accessibility. The response times in navigating through the mail and blog manager have also improved. So much so that - yes you guessed it, I have created yet another blog.

The focus of that blog will be for my personal business and tech interests. With the exception to seosource, a search engine blog that is not linked in the navigation above but part of my profile, the blogs I have here are dedicated for my hobbies. Most of my readings deal within the technology/internet sector (the industry I work in), whether it's through trade magazine, newsletters and other tech blogs. I'm going to take a dabble and share my experiences to an area I am very familiar and have a strong interest in.

To sum up this post... I am a happy camper once again with my hosting company and appreciate those e-mails and posts I received from a few of you with your recommendations. I am not sorry for deleting the comments from all you other spammers! :)

No comments: