Thursday, December 08, 2005

I'm Not A Fan Of Winter

I am dreading tomorrow, I survived the snow storm today. However, tomorrow I have to wake up extra early to clean the car from what I expect will be around nine inches of snow. It's still snowing where I live and although it looks nice, I would rather not have any part of it.

There were so many accidents today. I took a picture of one on my commute into the loop. Notice to the far left there lies a turned over vehicle, and to the far right is what I assume is the other car involved in the accident.

The big news for today is the fact that a Southwest airline plane, trying to land at midway airport aafter this snow storm, slid off the runway and crashed through a barrier wall into an unsuspecting car. I consider walking a few blocks to take some pictures, but I knew the streets would be blocks and frankly I did not want to walk in this snow.

The snow began falling shortly after I began my commute back. This week I was at a search engine conference. Dreading the cold I drove in today and after today's final session I opted to avoid the rush hour and head home early. I tried to avoid the madness that I knew would come from the expected snow storm. Unfortunately a few minutes into my drive the snow began to fall, and fall and fall.

No comments: