Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Shopping vs. Geeking

In less than two weeks Christmas will be here and I am in trouble! I am no where near complete getting all my gifts. I'm not in the mood for shopping these days, this weekend was horrible. I went out shopping with my sister and was frustrated with the traffic to and from various stores. That's what I get for not doing my online shopping early.

I've actually come home and have been expirementing with google and yahoo maps. I haven't decided yet which I prefer. I've implemented a version of each on my freelance site and pinpointed the coordinates to the loop area. I know it's hard to believe I prefer geeking out over shopping? (Well maybe not that hard to believe?) I'll keep playing with them, I like certain things from both of them. It seems the google map loads faster, but I like the zoom control on yahoo. See the work in progress here:
http://www.exceliweb.com/googlemap.htm
http://www.exceliweb.com/yahoomap.htm

Which do you prefer?

No comments: