Friday, November 12, 2004

It's Still Over

When I saw a figure as I walked up the path I never imagined it would have been you. I thought I heard the rooster yell out the dawn's good morning. Unfortunately, it had to be your disapproving tone, questioning the time. I never thought you would await my arrival. What a bitter surprise. How long were you out there standing in the cold, letting your breath escape the warmth of your body? When I told you I would return early, I meant early the next day. I really hope you weren't outside waiting for me all night long. I doubt that was the case. The cold night air would have sent you running back inside.

Darling you and I both know we live together but we no longer share our lives together. You have no say in what I do. We are broken up, our relationship is nothing more than just roommates now. I don't know why you insist to think there will ever be more. I told you too many times that you and I don't work together as a couple. The times we've shared have been more painful and frustrating than it had to be. I like you as a friend, please lets not ruin that.

No comments: