Tuesday, November 30, 2004

A Cold Winter Night

The night is so cold and I can hear the wind howling from my window. The sound is scary, maybe it feels like that because I'm alone. Perhaps I feel it more because I am also cold. Imagining myself out there makes my throat hurt and my body shiver. I hate that winter is already here. When I thought of winter before the cold, I remembered children playing in the snow. I forgot the homeless dying under the bridges from the frozen air. When I thought of winter during snow, I remembered the joy of Christmas. I had forgotten the madness of holiday shoppers. These thoughts are dark, because with the winter comes the coldness in my heart.

4 comments:

V said...

You should get a beautiful winter coat like I just did. I really warms my heart ;)

Unknown said...

LOL, now that brought a smile. What I have to and will do in a few minutes is go outside and winter proof my windows. My room is soooo cold! "Fuckin Chicago"

V said...

You said it sister.

Can´t you use Charlie as a furnace? I sure use Dave for that.

Unknown said...

That's true he's just as furry ;)