Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Unbelievable BOSTON WINS!!

I started writing into this blog session as the Sox lead game seven 6-0 in the second inning. Damned Color-me-Bad look a like Johnny Damon. He hit a grand-slam towards the right side of the field. Homers AGAIN, beginning of the 4th - the score now 8-1. What's the deal with the Yanks' pitchers? This is not was not the plan. The Yankees were supposed to start off with the big lead! It was the total opposite.

I think Damon made a pact with the devil. In the fifth inning he was supposed to be out, well could have been. His hit was caught by the pitcher. Vasquez throws to third base when payback....runner runs back to plate and inadvertently blocks the throw - No out! Luckily they didn't score in that inning.

In seventh inning Damon at bat with two runners on plate, one out. Joe Torre cautious walks out to the field, stalls for time. New pitcher Felix Heredia is brought out to face the Damon Demon. No runs from Boston in that inning. Finally though the Yankees are able to score as Pedro Martinez starts his pitching round of the night. Questionable why he was brought in though when Boston was still up 7 points and Lowe was pitching very well. Martinez gives up two runs decreasing there lead to 5 points at the end of the seventh.

Awk the Sox start the eight inning with a homer from Bellhorn. Then score another in the ninth. Yankees bring in Mariano Rivera to close the ninth. All hopes to stop anymore runs seem insignificant at this point where the score is not 10-3. Williams,Posada & sierra pop-out and aren't able to add to the huge deficit. Best of luck Boston, I'll cheer for you on to go all the way now.

2 comments:

V said...

I was totally gonna go: IN YOUR FACE. But then you just had to be nice and say best of luck to Sox and you'll chear for them from now on. Son of a Bi*ch...

Unknown said...

I'm sad but not a sore loser. Plus I'm sure I'll get "IN YOUR FACE" and "HAHAs" from my brother in law tonight. Well technically my sister's boyfriend, he hates the Yankees. What a dissapointing loss. I had a feeling at the second inning 6-0 that it wasn't going to be good for New York.