Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ash Wednesday

Lent season started today and like many other times before I have opted to give up something during this time. I am giving up soda this year. NOT JUST COKE all carbonated SUGAR FILLED SODA! Let me tell you - THIS IS HUGE for me. I love my Coca Cola, cherry Coke, Pepsi and Sprite. I have at least a glass a day (12oz) and many days where I consume more than that. I have given up Coke during lent before, but I would sometimes substitute a Sprite here and there. This time there will be only a very limited amount of options. Water, milk, juice(although not too much), ice tea, tea, coffee (not too much) and liquor are my only beverage choices. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Bare said...

I definitely wish you luck! My husband gave up all forms of soda for Lent this year, as well. Myself, I didn't give anything up, I just added (which apparently in the Episcopal church is ok :0)