Friday, January 04, 2008

Weekend Plans

Sunday 11-4pm, Starving Artist Sale

I just saw a commercial for what seems to be a great art fair coming up. I can't wait, I have been too lazy to paint anything even though my bare walls are craving for attention. I'm going to try to take a drive to the nearest exhibit at the Oak Lawn Hilton this weekend and hopefully purchase a few pieces. I've been looking for a large piece for my kitchen wall. I've gone to many stores and nothing has inspired me. I did buy new canvas frames in preparation for me to paint the specific image I have in mind. They are sitting in a corner in my office! They've been there for two months now I think. I know I'm not going to dedicate time anytime soon so this weekend hopefully I'll find what I'm looking for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am excited about this showcase too. I really would prefer to buy directly from local artists so I can begin to collect original work. But I am a full time student and unable to afford those prices. But the sale said prices are as low as $7 and the most expensive won't exceed $58. I love it! Is this the hotel located right off of Cicero? Will google also to find out how to get there. I can't wait until Sunday! Yeah!