Thursday, June 07, 2007

LAX Delay - It Figures!

In an earlier post entry about two hours ago, while riding on a plane from San Jose to Los Angeles, I wrote that I hoped my flight was not delayed. It’s as if I was begging for the contrary, because sure enough my flight is delayed again. This time it’s worse than my flight delay from Chicago to San Jose. On my way to the west coast my flight was delayed a little over two hours this time the flight delay is of an already extended hour and a half extra to an additional four and a half hours. My total flight time frame will now be ten hours. My flight was supposed to depart from LAX at 5:15pm it will now depart at 9:20pm. It’s not so much that the flight was delayed it self, apparently the aircraft that we were supposed to travel on is now out of service. The airline needed to find another aircraft and one will not be available until two hours from now, but will not depart until an additional two hours after that.

My choices were to either wait it out here and receive the meal voucher the airline was providing or work with the attendant and find another flight for tomorrow afternoon. I seriously considered staying for many minutes. I was planning on getting the airline to provide me hotel vouchers and planned out what time I would need a ride back tomorrow night from Chicago. I overheard someone getting the earliest available time flight of 2:30pm. For me that meant that I would probably arrive at O’Hare at a little past seven at night. I wondered if I could dial in to any of the meetings I am scheduled for tomorrow. I decided not to risk another chance of having my flight delayed or canceled tomorrow. I have too much work to catch up and in addition I have a final walk through for my home on Saturday.

I will stick it out and hang out in the LAX airport for a while. I scammed myself another food voucher, I know $10 isn’t really enough for the expensive food that is served here, even for the fast food restaurants. Sure enough my total from Chili’s restaurant was over $15, to bad I couldn’t leave the rest as tip. I left a few bucks out of my own pocket, and felt pretty good for having thought forward to get that other voucher. The only thing that is making passing time a bit more bearable is being able to surf the net. I opted to purchase the T-mobile hotspot access and here I am writing this post and uploading my previous post I had written on notepad.

What else is there to do for four hours? I already went shopping in the Hudson gift stores. UGH! This is so frustrating, I will have an additional four hours of actual flight time before I get to Chicago. I'll probably get to my house until 3-3:30 am.

No comments: