Monday, March 12, 2007

Vista Has Won Me Over

I am really digging Windows Vista! If it wasn't for the fact that Vista came pre-installed with my new PC, I would not have tried the new Operating System on my own. I usually tend to wait several months even maybe a year before installing any new OS on my PC, to ensure all the major bugs and weird kinks are discovered and fixed. I set up my new HP desktop this weekend and clicked around and quickly fell in love. Granted I packed my machine with extra RAM and upgraded the processor, but the speed is wonderful. The interface itself is very user friendly and rather 'cool'! The new look is refreshing and very interactive. The Vista sidebar includes a clock displaying time, series of pictures I can skim through, top RSS headlines. I must humbly admit I am a fan, much to my many previous reservations. Windows Media player fits nicely on the task bar. The security may become a bit tiresome, because of how frequently you are asked whether to allow a download plug-in or app. You can refine your settings, but I prefer being asked. I don't usually say this but - Go get this Microsoft software! (Note: Your computer must meet the minimum system requirements.) Below is a screenshot of my current desktop.

No comments: