Sunday, April 30, 2006

Basketball Interest

The rain this weekend forced me to get back into watching basketball. A couple years back I was a basketball fanatic. I used to play basketball quite a bit actually, and have the scars to prove it. During that time I also collected basketball cards, video taped championship games, lived and breathed b-ball. Needless to say the Bulls championship years added lift to my b-ball addiction. I don't know exactly how I fell out of love from it.

Perhaps it was the loss of some guy friends I used to play with. I moved, grew up, graduated and focused my attention with other things. I would randomly watch a playoff game but I haven't followed the teams or players. Today I was rooting for my local team once more. I was actually surprised that the Bulls hung-on and have extended their playoff series for another game to attempt to beat out the Miami heat. Towards the end of the game a critical player Tyson Chandler seemed to suffer an injury and it may be doubtful that he will be able to play in the next game.

After watching that game I kept in tune and caught the second game in today's double header - Suns vs Lakers. I know I will not reach the level of addiction to the game I once had but I had fun getting to know the new players and seeing the playoff games today.

No comments: