Friday, October 07, 2005

I May Be A Chicago Traitor Soon

Here I am watching game three of the American division Championship, rooting as usual for my Yankees. Series is tied one a piece and I can't help being scared of the decision I may be faced with soon. My hometown White Sox clinched their spot at the League Championship Series, winning their division series against last year's champions the Boston Red Sox. I may be over confident in already thinking the Yanks will battle the sox in the next series, especially since they are down a run now at the fifth. I will admit that I am not a addicted baseball fanatic. I watch a few regular season games, but I always watch the finals. I have always rooted for the Yankees since the beginning of the 90's. I've never really gotten into the cubby/sox feud. I will root for both teams, although I've been to more cubs games than sox games. Both stadiums have a different aura to them.

Today Chicago is celebrating the fact that the White Sox are the ALC champs and might even win the World series. I caught the end of the Sox's game on the radio during my ride home. I rooted for the White Sox, just as I rooted for the cubs last year. Why I am scared - because I cannot stop rooting for the Yankees. Should Yankees battle White Sox, guess who my loud cheers go for?

WOoohoooo! Game tied, Matsui just tied the score....Second batter up hits sends Cano scoring at home plate and now Yanks are up 6-5. Gotta love this game!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AH CRAP!!!