Sunday, January 09, 2005

Short story - In the Lou

Somewhat of a fender bender came out of an unexpected date. Two friends meet up at a local pub and one inquires about the other's bad luck.

Clyde: Why so gloom George? I saw your vehicle parked outside. Quite a little ding on the side isn't it?

George: I don't care much for my automobile. I kicked it because it's disappointment. So is Mildred.

Clyde: Ah yes the desirable and insatiable dancer/pick-pocket. Quite a combination, she has mastered the latter. Things not going so well?

George: I knew it would come eventually. I just hoped she would have given me a few more weeks, that's all. Today she told me that she finds me utterly boring and for her own sanity had to leave.

Clyde: George how could you be surprised? You've got no money! NO money in your pockets to pick. Nor any money for her pockets to fill. It was not company she was after. You should have left her the first time she took your wallet.

George: Right. I just hoped she would have had more heart and feel sorry enough to realize that I loved her and hoped that would be enough for her.

Clyde: George, you have so much to learn. I woman like that will not stay with you because of pitty. Why would you want someone to feel pitty for you is another issue. Second a woman like that, and I use the term woman loosely on her, since we both know how lose she really is...

George: Clyde!

Clyde: A Woman like that is incapable of falling in love. You knew her past from what many of us warned you about. Frankly George I'm surprised you had enough to afford her this long. And finally George - love is never enough.

George: Clyde, I find you a very bitter man.

No comments: