Tuesday, August 14, 2007

No Trust

As I rode up the elevator to my floor I looked at the latest news headlines that display in a small monitor within the left elevator pane. One of the headlines noted another recall for toys from Mattel from a Chinese manufacturer, for the second time in two weeks. I couldn't help but to indulge in my conspiracy theory habits. I wondered if there could be a motive for the Toy company to place such negative focus on the eastern country? Perhaps they want to end contracts for cheaper labor elsewhere?

This time the recall was for concerns that children will swallow magnets attached to toys. There has been no injuries or illnesses reported by the "defective" toys. Could Mattel simply want to gain approval by placing a recall before the public raises an issue in an effort to prove they are "concerned"? Why take such a loss? I'm not buying into this just yet. I think there maybe a third party mixing up deals in the background to cause this. - Anyway just some insight into my curious mind.

No comments: