Thursday, November 23, 2006

La Oreja De Van Gogh Chicago Concert

LODVG came to rock out at the Vic last night and fufilled my high expectations. Granted I am biased towards this band, which is my favorite Spanish or English. The crowd jumped along with Amaia, the band's lead singer, and sang through many popular songs. I was scared that I wouldn't be able to get a good view, considering were my friends and I were in line as we waited for the doors from the Vic theater to open. Fortunately we found a spot over the first step, which was only a few feet from the stage.

I remember looking around me and absorbing the moment. I have to tell you it is the best feeling to be at a concert for a group you enjoy and who are also at their peak. I want to fly to their next tour city now! This concert will be remembered as one of my happy moments.

La Oreja canto casi todos sus nuevos exitos de su disco reciente - Guapa, pero tambien emociono el publico cantando sus mejores classicos, como 'Rosas'. Amaia pego todas sus notas comprovando su qualidad como cantante. Me asombre como fue tan sureal y parecido a su DVD de un concierto que tuvieron hace años en Madrid. Disfrute ahora ser parte de un gran concierto como fue el de a noche. Todavia sueño con volver a verlos, pero me encantariar verlos en su pais de España.

Thanks to a recent myspace friend here is a clip of the concert. After a couple minutes of screams from the crowd pleading for an encore, LODVG came back to play two additional songs. Shown in this clip is one of their most successful singles - "Rosas".

No comments: