Friday, November 03, 2006

I missed the Latin Grammys

Last night my friend 'L' and I had rsvp'd to a Latin Grammy award ceremony party. Unfortunately it seems the turn out was so great that the viewing section was filled to capacity. We were sent to the upper section of Bravo's Tapa's bar to await access. Unfortunately I only had an hour to spare, since I had accepted another invitation to go to a comedy show clear across town. AT least we made the best of it and ordered and enjoyed some delicious tapas and wine.

I was looking forward to see if my favorite band - La Oreja De VanGogh (LODVG) won any of their three nominations. I was waiting for my friend when I overheard one of the categories come up and heard that LODVG won for best pop album by duo or group. Congrats! I can't wait to see them live. I've already purchased my tickets for their upcoming concert in three weeks.

Unfortunately I did miss many performances and presentations, but I caught some highlights through the Grammy website and highlights on MTV3. It seems it was Shakira's night she won Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Record Of The Year and Best Female Pop Vocal Album. I hope the replay the entire show this weekend. I had fun last night anyway, the comedians at Riddlers were great and I'm glad I went.

No comments: