Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Out of Town Again

Another day has passed and I am now in another city and another hotel. This one is a very quick trip that will provide no time to explore the city. Oh well at least I was able to go out last week in New York. Although today's travels weren't as smooth as usual I don't mind the whole process at all. I like traveling, the waiting isn't fun per say but it's bearable. I just bring a magazine and some headphones and I'm usually ok. I found out yesterday that I had to fly out again, this time out of Midway airport. I was happy to learn that I would finally be able to take a flight out of that airport, which is so close to where I live.

Here's the glitch to that excitement... I haven't flown from Midway in quite some time. All of my flights have been from O'Hare and I always dreaded taking two trains to get there and sometimes trying to get a ride back. I've taken many flights but I think only two have been from Midway. Things have changed! I was surprised that seats are not reserved. I have heard of the expression cattle call used when referring to Southwest Airlines from people that have flown out of Midway, but until today I now know why. I don't like that whole first come first serve arrangement at the time of boarding. I like to know where I am going to be seated. I have a sense of security with that. Security check in was somewhat longer than what I have experienced at O'Hare - I find that VERY surprising, considering how congested O'Hare gets. We'll see how it goes tomorrow, I may never want to fly from that next door airport again :(

No comments: