Wednesday, November 09, 2005

NYC visit 2005

Anywhere you look in a great picture waiting to be taken in New York City. That's how I feel as I see the masses pass by through the busy streets. I arrived yesterday settled in and unpacked in my hotel room. I had roughly two hours before going to a welcoming reception for a conference I am at for work. You've probably already guessed it, I went for a very long walk and took some pictures. I have a ritual of things I do each year I come to Manhattan. Unfortunately I will not have time to do all. I must confess the first time I came to New York I didn't like it at all. I found it too congested, dirty and smelly. What changed my mind? The fact that it's never boring and no matter your budget there is something to do, at least for my interests. Here are my suggestions should you come visit NYC.

1. Go to a new neighborhood explore the surrounding shops streets and at some point sit at a park or cafe and do some good old fashion people watching. I use this primarily for my photography hobby.

2. Catch a Broadway show you haven't seen yet. The best thing to do is to go to the TKTS booth and get that day's discounted tickets. Many times you will be able to get good shows at a great rate.

3. This is my favorite thing I absolutely have not missed in the recent past 5 visits I've come here. I usually take the MTA or bus to a new spot in central park (again more pictures) I sit down for a while and read a few chapters of a book.

4. Shop :) I don't get to this one as much as I'd like for obvious reason - time and money.

Well time to go to my next session...

No comments: