Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Humanitarian Call

I can't bare to watch the news anymore. Every time I see the devastation left by Hurricane Katrina, I fight back tears. There is bad news upon bad news all over the world. How horrible is this..
New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin ordered 1,500 police officers to end a search-and-rescue mission Wednesday night and return to the streets of the beleaguered city to stop looting that has turned increasingly hostile. | source: MSNBC
End search and rescue missions in order to bring back order! I can understand the need for some people to do whatever it takes to survive. During such conditions one cannot foresee the actions one will take. If I have to plumage a store for food and water for my kid to survive I would more than likely do so. My heart and prayers go out to all the victims and families. I must admit that it saddens me that most Americans don't respond to aid until disasters like these hit so close to home.

Support the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. Personally I contribute to Care.org Make a donation today! Help is needed all over the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If only it were people just stealing food and water or medicine. I've seen pictures of people loading up VCRs, TVs, and even a basketball goal post(!) from local stores. Ridiculous.

What is sad is that things like this usually bring out the best in people. This seems to have brought out the worst in some.