Saturday, November 03, 2007

My Gripe - Pet Pieves Are All About Manners

I just completed a "manners quiz" to gauge my manners. I knew what the results would be even before commencing the quiz. I do have good manners. What I barely realized is that all my pet peeves circle around manners more specifically the lack of them. I've always felt a little bad about having so many pet peeves, but I finally figured out why I had so many. It all stems to one point I hate being around bad manners and in turn consider it rude. This may offend others but really, must you......

1. Chew loudly or with your mouth open??? (especially loud gum chewing)

2. Talk on the phone that long while in my company? This one gets me all the time!!! I can understand a quick chat to clarify things up, or answer a question from someone in need. However I think it is rude to ignore the person you are in company with to speak to another person on the phone - excuse yourself or tell your phone friend you will call them later!!

3. Do not whisper in someone else's ear in front of me! Even if you are not talking about me, it's just rude!

4. Not hold the elevator door open? I know you saw me coming, just hold the elevator a few seconds. If I am holding it for you - hurry up!! Oh and men, don't shove people out of your way so you are the first one out. It is polite to let the person in front of you exit first. If it's not your floor, step to the side.

5. Read over my shoulder? I don't want to hear your loud breathing. Much worse smell your breath, good or bad I don't want you that close.

6. Sneeze/Burp without covering you mouth? (eeeew germs) That is just nasty.

I am sure I have a few others that I should gripe about, I just can't seem to remember them right now. What are yours? I am probably guilty of committing some ill-behavior as well.

No comments: