Monday, November 12, 2007

I Gave Myself Food Poisoning

BreakfastThis is why I should not be allowed to cook! I cooked myself a nice plate of eggs and mushrooms on toast. I was so proud of myself. I normally don't cook but started to like that my dishes have been coming out tasting pretty darn good. So was the case again yesterday. The dish tasted delicious, but twenty minutes later I felt my stomach feeling terribly ill. It felt like an explosion inside and had severe cramping in my abdomen. After a couple trips to the washroom I also felt strong chills. I curled in bed with Charlie to keep me a bit warm. I fell a sleep for an hour or so but woke up with pain again. I had a feeling it was the mushrooms that caused my upset stomachache, so I looked online to see if there were any known treatments. After reading on various websites I gave into my fear and called the poison control center. It was confirmed - I gave myself food poisoning!!!! The worse part is that there is no treatment I have to let my body fight the bacteria and run it's course. I feel a slight pain still today, the good thing is that it's not as intense as yesterday, but nonetheless I have pain. I will not be cooking mushrooms anytime soon! I feel good enough to laugh at myself about it though. I like to have an optimistic view and a good sense of humor, if I can't laugh at this there is no point in sharing on this blog. I limit myself already with my post but this little story I am humbled to share with you.

1 comment:

Kyla C said...

Nice blog youu have