Saturday, September 15, 2007

I Feel The Music In My Veins

There are days when I just feel solemnly blue. Them I listen to a song that hits my heart stronger and I feel it palpitate harder. I want to sing at the top of my longs, if only I could adequately hit those notes. I feel the anxiousness as my feelings sink deeper as my eyelids become heavy and tighten with the expectation of tears forming. I admire song composition, not only the lyrics for they seem a bit easier to create. I am jealous of dreaming and creating melodies, true musical compositions. Symphonies are greater pieces of art molded by geniuses.

There are a few exceptions to such masterpieces in regular radio play songs. When those cross my path I feel them and take hold of them, play them over and over. I have been a victim of falling prey to catchy hooks, but I am able to discern the difference. I miss playing piano, even if my experience factored primarily playing tunes by ear. I did create my own tunes when I was younger, Very simple keys and chords and romantic lyrics out of a dream. Oh to be young again and succumb to the whim and naivety of thinking I actually had a place experimenting with the sweetness of music.

No comments: