Thursday, September 06, 2007

Barack Obama On LinkedIn

I have to give kudos to Barack Obama's campaign staff. They have done a good job at tapping into all the major social networking sites. Barack is on Myspace, Facebook, YouTube as well as Digg.com. I know the other presidential candidates also have profiles on some of these sites, but I don't think they have done as an effective job promoting their profiles as Obama. Barack is clearly the leader in supporter count on Facebook. Today I received an invite to add Obama to my LinkedIn network.

LinkedIn.com is an online social network of, 'more than 13 million experienced professionals from around the world, representing 150 industries.' I've been a member for a while now and had not come across any other politician campaign. I have not decided who to vote for yet, even though I am a Barack Obama fan as you might know from previous posts. I will finally admit - I am a swing voter. I like to know my candidates from both parties and make a decision based on the views of many issues from each candidate and factor many other items before making a decision. That being said I added Obama to my LinkedIn Profile and placed the badge promoting his campaign. Hey if I receive another invite from other politicians I may consider adding them as well. Again - kudos on marketing this campaign.

For those interested...
Join Barack's Official profile at www.linkedin.com/in/barackobama. If you are already a LinkedIn member, simply click on the "Obama'08" supporter badge to add a Barack Obama supporter badge to your LinkedIn profile -->

No comments: