Friday, September 07, 2007

Dentist Manners

I had a follow up appointment with my dentist today. Now let me ask you this - Why do they always choose to ask you a question when your mouth is being detained by some dentistry apparatus or even the dentist hand itself? I think they do it on purpose! I had at first thought it was just my dentist that had that habit. But I think it's all of them - does yours wait to ask you random questions until you are in an awkward position to answer without sounding ridiculous?

Last week I had a root canal, and it was administered by an orthodontist, not my regular dentist. Sure enough not until I had this silly green tooth "dam" in my month did he feel the need to strike up conversation. Today I saw my dentist, but had to have a mold made of my teeth by the dentist assistant. The assistant dd the same thing! There were several minutes when I had nothing in my mouth, it wasn't until I had this plaster/gel like mold in my mouth when she asked, hey are you a teacher? I must be mistaking you, what do you do now? What sign are you - OK maybe not the last question, but you get my point.

I didn't get fitted for my tooth crown today and will have to go in for that in a few weeks. I think I will ask one of them what the deal is.

No comments: