Sunday, July 22, 2007

One Party Down, Countless More to Come

This past Saturday was my first party at my new home. I invited friends to come over to celebrate my birthday at my new place. Days before I kept asking myself why I had committed to host a party, when I hadn't even completed unpacking. When I first set up the Evite two weeks ago, I thought that I would have enough time and the party itself would be a motivator for me to get things done.

I guess you could say it worked. I was running around like a mad woman all week. This week I finished purchasing my furniture necessities to complete the look in my living room, kitchen and backyard. I bought a wine cart, ottomans and a brand new gas grill and patio set. Everything came together pretty well and I have the look I was going for.

The party was a success, I even grilled my own burgers for the first time as well. Normally my brother in law, cousins and uncles would always do the outdoor grilling. I confess I had to Google "how to grill a burger" minutes before my guest arrived. Luckily I had purchased a great seasoning mix at SamsClub the day before. When my first guest called asking what she could bring I also remembered I should have salt and pepper as well. The patties were delicious, and hot dogs were the easiest thing ever. With one small scare (I almost burned my face, not that serious though) everything else went well.

Next weekend will be part-two of my birthday celebration. This weekend was a get-together for friends, next will just be family and close friends of the family. I hope someone else does the cooking :)

No comments: