Friday, September 08, 2006

Backing Up My Pictures

WOohoo! I finally uploaded the last picture from my Spain trip on flickr. I am a photo taking addict. I took way too many pictures and choosing which ones to upload and keep has been very time consuming. I kid-you-not, I think I went through almost FIVE-HUNDRED pictures. From those a little over two-hundred made it to my online repository. It's a good thing too!

I think my computer will give out on me any day now. I don't know what I did but the sound isn't working at all. I checked the sound card, speaker connection, drivers, settings - you name it all looks ok. The system itself keeps on crashing as well, and upon reboot takes several minutes to load. I think I've had this PC for a little over three years now. I've just added so much into it that I am contemplating just changing the hard-disk and starting from scratch. I thought about selling and getting a new one, which is what I usually like to do. I'm not sure if I want to remove what I already added to this one. (TV/Video card, new USB 3.0 accelerator card, memory) I reformatted and defragged the disk about three times already, because of viruses & etc. I just doubt doing that again will make a difference. I think I'll buy an external hard-drive this weekend and just back up everything to be on the safe side.

For the most part this computer has performed the best for me. I have a Sony vaio, and compared to other brands I've had before this one has been my favorite. I use my computer for many things and I truly need a workhorse with a great graphics card that is very speedy (thus the reason I added more RAM).

Well enough geeky talk, I just hope I can back-up everything up before it gives out on me. I had a bad crash once before that caused me to loose many pictures from other trips as well as other important files. I definitely do not want that to happen again!

No comments: