Monday, January 23, 2006

Whatever happened to mainstream pop? - MUSIC - MSNBC.com

"Now, suddenly, old-fashioned radio itself is threatened with extinction. From the ubiquitous MP3 players to the surging medium of satellite radio, the listener is building a virtual fortress according to his or her own tastes " | source: Whatever happened to mainstream pop? - MUSIC - MSNBC.com
So Sad but so true. I don't listen to as much radio as before. It's not like I listen to less amount of music, quite the contrary. I've always been addicted to music and practically have some form on throughout the day. I have just changed my listening source habits. Goodbye old fashion alarm clock! I have a timer setup on my TV that wakes me up to XM satelite music broadcasts. I love having the theater sound sytem wake me up each morning :) At work I tune into napster or launchcast, where I can listen to my mp3 song collection or run my customized radio station. When I come home from work, either I am in my car listening to my CDs, or I am in the train listening to my palm mp3 player. At home I have everything to chose from and only once in a great while will I choose the stardard radio stations. Actually I take that back I tune into the radio station from my shower radio player. OK I think I have given way too much information about myself.

No comments: