Thursday, December 16, 2004

Search Engine Strategies 2004 - Chicago

The conference ended today. After four days of what after the end of each day seemed to be information overload, I take a moment to reflect. Representatives from the major search engines were helpful, but I liked the forum from the New York conference better. I'm not sure if it was because I was so new to SEO that I was able to pick up A LOT more information. This time I picked up few nuggets here and there and got some good ideas. For the most part it served as a validation on the efforts made on my company's site and assured me that we are on track. I will have to make some modifications though.

There also seemed to be less exhibitors than the NY conference. I remember talking to many more vendors there. This year I enjoyed talking with MSN more. I like their new Desktop Search program, but I must admit I'm still scared of it. Even though the rep assured me that they were very diligent and thorough over security issues, having that program scan and reference all my PC files, contacts, apps is very scary. I might try it at my office PC :) I don't store much personal info there, so I can test it out with more assurance. It really is a powerful search tool and it's worth giving it a try.

No comments: