Friday, August 06, 2004

A Regular Day

A man sat next to me on the A.M. Train this morning. More than likely he was on his way to work as was I. I couldn't help but to feel concern instead of irritation as he sat down. He had headphones on, however the music was loud enough that I could clearly hear it, as he crouched over to read his book. I gazed at his back figure as it now faced me. He seems to be a fit tall well groomed black man. I'm curious and wish to see how exactly he looks, not because I may think I have a chance to stir up a conversation. I don't dare dream he would ask me out, but it's early and I could use some eye candy.

I think back on those magazine articles that show the reader: "How to meet & where to meet men” I can picture them now, 'The train is a great way to meet men. Muscle up some courage & say something" - Yeah Right!!

The last thing anyone wants during a work commute is to be hit on. You would think it would be flattering but more than likely that person, who hasn't even looked at you once during the train ride, isn't going to suddenly realize what they were missing in Life. On that A.M. train that person is either sleeping, studying, whatever but he/she is not looking forward to their destination. Think about it!? All the fun places you go to, do you need to get on an early train to get there?

Anyway morale of the story, don't hit on anyone, mind your business and be quiet - some of us are trying to sleep.

No comments: