Friday, August 27, 2004

Energy Drain

I am exhausted! I went to sleep very late, I know that is not a new thing for me. However last night I went to bed later than usual - 2:30 am. I had completed a power point presentation for work and was just about to e-mail it, when the computer stalled on me. I figured 'OK, I'll just reboot and try to e-mail again' 20 mins later and I was still unable to get the laptop back up. I brought it in today and had our Tech department work on it. Turns out the drive crapped out, and NOTHING was recoverable :( I lost soo much time in vane on that presentation. Today I scrambled to complete it and also work on my schedule assignments. What is worse I had forgotten what I had wrote the night before. I had to re-think and create the presentation from scratch again!

Some people ask me how is it possible for me to be very tired if all I do at work is sit behind a desk and stare at a computer. My explanation for this is simple. The work I do requires me to use my head a lot and think and plan things out. This procees uses up my energy. This lack of energy strangely enough gives me similar symptoms as those people the do hard labor. I get weak, have headaches, sometimes body aches and ultimately become very tired. Time to go home, I'm going to take a nap on the train :)

No comments: