Sunday, December 24, 2006

A White-tailed Deer

My intention was to go to the gym and hop on the treadmill for 30 mins and then another thirty on the eliptical machine. Due to the holiday the gym closed early and I didn't get to go in. I didn't want to lose my motivation and decided to go for a jog at a nearby forest preserve that I have never been through. Normally my hikes are with Charlie in Riverside. The one I went to was a bit more west in Countryside. I might be coming back to this one soon, during my jog a deer crossed my path. He was a cute guy, but a bit bigger than it seems from this picture. Next thing a hear are a bit more footsteps and then I spot three more! It was a family, who I'm sure were more scared of me than I was of them. They kept their distance but I was glad I had my phone and was able to get a few shots.

2 comments:

Brendan said...

You sure it wasn't Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, and Vixen - separated from the group?

Unknown said...

Now that you mention it, I think you are right. I did hear a faint sound in the didtance that sounded a bit like bells.