Thursday, October 19, 2006

Spam Attack

I don't think I've been as annoyed with spam as I am now. My domain has been hacked, I keep getting e-mail messages for non-delivered e-mails that I DO NOT SEND. In addition to that I have a form on my freelance site that has been hijacked. I keep getting fake quote request filled with links for products and other nonsensical garbage. I hate that I will have to spend my weekend either adding more validation on my forms or adding more server-side code to combat this internet spam. I truly feel bad for the recipients of these e-mails that are coming from my domain. The sad part is that I just renewed my domain for another three years, so I really wouldn't want to cancel it. I think I will have to place a call to my hosting provider as well :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Likely you are using Outlook. Run your virus program.

Unknown said...

Actually no, this was a setting in my e-mail hosting server settings. I had catch-all inbox set-up. I've since discontinued it and the spam has decreased by about 80%. I still have to add extra code for the forms on my freelance sites, to counter spam attacks but I am getting a lot less mail so that can wait a bit.