Sunday, October 01, 2006

Oh Yeah, There Is The Dial-up Option!

I have been using broadband internet for such a long time now that I forgot that I could connect online via dialup. These past days I have not had access to anything online. I don't recall if I checked on Friday night but Saturday morning my connection was not there. I figured my brother-in-law must have moved a cable again from the main router upstairs. I was busy all day preparing my sister's baby shower and didn't have time to check any settings or see if the connection came back. Saturday night after all the guest had left and everything was clean I opened up my browser only to receive that familiar error message of page cannot be found. It was too late to bother so I went to sleep. Today Sunday I tried a couple of times and finally went upstairs to check things out.

Everything seems to be in place all lights are flickering properly. The computers recognize that there is a signal but for some odd reason connection itself is not happening. There must be something wrong with Comcast or the router itself. After feeling defeated and just killing time with a good old fashion game of solitaire I remembered my trusty AOL. I have never been so happy to have dial-up :)

Everything is obviously slower but it's true - something is better than nothing. Too bad I realized it on Sunday night instead of Friday night.

No comments: