Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Where NOT When

The dates are set, vacation time here I come. The only thing now is finalizing where to go. I had planned going to my favorite city that I go to every year. The plan was (may still be) to fly in to NYC stay there a couple of days. Then rent a car and visit my friends in Philadelphia and Boston. If time permitted my friend and I would drive to Canada stay there a day or two and see Niagara Falls. So what has changed? We are now thinking Spain!!

Spain has been the target of my next travel aspiration, after that comes Greece. There is a 50/50 chance that we go to Europe instead. My finances are tied up a bit because of the refinance I am doing on my house. Hopefully that will be over within two weeks or so. UGH - that process has been frustrating, so much so that we've changed refinance companies. If all falls into plan perfectly I may end up going to Europe and New York. The good thing is that I have twelve days to work with, including weekends. The Spain package we are looking at is pretty sweet. It will take us to both Lisbon and Madrid through a course of seven days. That gives me some time to head over to see some friends the weekend before coming back to work.

Whatever the options I am excited to have the time off and enjoying these upcoming summer days. Time is ticking and wherever we go we will have to purchase our flight tickets in two weeks. I must say the dilemma of where to go is a nice problem to have instead of deciding if I can go at all. :)

No comments: