Monday, July 11, 2005

Running Away Continued...

From previous post Running Away continued...
I reached my feared destination. It was even darker than I remembered. It looked long and wreaked a putrid stench that momentarily paused me in my tracks. I heard a noise behind me that quickly hardened my fear. I quickly gulped it down and held my breath as I decided to enter the alley. I grabbed hold of my bag firmly and made a fast dash. I screamed when I felt a quick brush over my foot a quarter way into the way. I knew what it was, but I instantly looked back to confirm what I knew wasn't my imagination. The rodent just stared back at me. All I could see was it's dark outline and glowing eyes peer through me. It knew I was scared, I felt it and continued to run forward at a faster pace than I ever ran before. I prayed to have that be my only frightful encounter through that damned sewage smelling path.

I reached the end of the alley unscathed! I held my hands to my aching rib sides. I was breathing so heavily, I felt my lungs wanting to jump out of my body in hopes of grasping more air. I turned my focus towards the alley to see or hear my persecutor. The only thing I thought I heard was an eerie wind that spoke to me. I was lucky this time, never come through here again I felt it whisper back at me.

No comments: