Sunday, June 26, 2005

Nature Walks With Charlie

Charlie and I have started a new weekend habit. Yesterday marked the fourth straight weekend that we have gone for a hike at my new favorite park in Riverside, IL. I think it's part of the forest preserve, which I think I will change it up a bit next week. We will probably go through the main forest preserve instead. These trails are perfect for Charlie. He tends to pull on his leash in the beginning. Yeah, yeah he wasn't able to learn that in my training. Hey I was able to teach him many other things, so I am willing to let him pull on me a bit. After a while he tires himself out anyway, which is why this spot is perfect. I let him slush though the river water and cool off.

We walked through the woods in and out the river bank until the sun went down. Yesterday was a perfect day for it. The weather cooled down and provided us with a nice breeze through out. Needless to say Charlie was snoring all the way back on the 15 minute drive back home. As soon as we got home he plopped himself down and continued snoring. Looking at these pictures I think it's time for a fur trim - Ick!


2 comments:

V said...

Too cute. I can just see him snoring in the car. That's very prescious. Dog envy.

Unknown said...

Oh my can he snore too!!!
DO't have too much god envy, it was a stinky ride back.