Saturday, April 02, 2005

Home Sweet Home

It feels so good to be home. I've returned home after a two week vacation from Mexico exhausted. Every time I go on 'vacation' there I return tired and depressed. I have so much family there that all we do is visit many of them. The most tiring is the ride from Mexico city to my grand fathers ranch in Oaxaca. This time my brother in law drove, but still made it ~12 hour drive. Of course we stopped in between to grab a bite to eat and rest room stops. Anyway all the driving around and running around buying things can be tiring. There were fun trips here in there, like a ride through Xochimilco in a gondola, swimming in the river, hot springs(almost died there - tell you that story some other day) bought some puppies (stayed in Mexico, another story there), visited a nice park with my God parents. All in all a good time but I always returned depressed because I become attached to my family there and it hurts to say goodbye. Saying goodbye to my two elder sisters is even more difficult, but I love the luxury of having the comforts of my own home. It's good to be back :)

2 comments:

Metallyptica said...

Guess it's not just me that come home more tired than when I go on vacations. But in my case it's not because I go and visit family abroad cause I don't have any family abroad... it's just because I wanna get the most of everything and so I get really tired... but damn HAPPY when I get home and start looking at the photos and "recuerdos"! :)

Unknown said...

You are right, whenever I go to a new place I usually venture our to discover the many places of history and architecture. When I go to a known place it's a bit more relaxing, but with exception to New York and Mexico I would rather go to a new place anywhere around the world and gather as much from that city as possible. Portugal is on my list of must see places ;)