Saturday, February 02, 2008

Happy Groundhog Day

Local News Channel headlines this morning..'Windy City Woodie' Predicts Early Spring!
CHICAGO -- "Windy City Woodie" did not see his shadow, meaning spring will come sooner, said Helen Schubert, spokeswoman for the Flower and Garden show.
...
The woodchuck came out of his home to nibble on the plants "for a snack," played on some nearby snow banks, and then went back inside without seeing his shadow, King said. If he had seen his shadow, he would have been frightened, and would have returned to his home to sleep through six more weeks of winter, according to King.
This is muic to my ears! I am frankly tired of all this snow pile-up and moreso shoveling all the accumulation to clearaway a walkway in my sidewalks. My favorite season is spring and the earlier it starts the sooner I will be happy.

No comments: