Monday, March 06, 2006

Oscar Weekend [yawn]

This year I was honestly looking forward to watching the Academy Awards. This year I had watched almost all the movies that were nominated. I even tuned in extra early to watch the red carpet pre-show. I anticipated watching the Hollywood stars show off their famous fashion designer clothes. More than anything I was seeking to see those fashion flops. Surprisingly I don't recall anyone that particular stood out - in a bad way. The Oscar Awards were extremely tame overall. John Steward had mentioned he would be tame, so sad considering his sometimes controversial political views. I found Chris Rock far more offensive last year. There were no sobbing tears in the acceptance speeches. I can't believe the highlight of the speeches was the acceptance for best original song from Three 6 Mafia. I did miss an hour of the broadcast, while I stepped away from the house. According to today's entertainment headlines I didn't miss much.

No comments: