Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Birthday Resolution

I finally hit that age milestone of 30!  This past Friday marked an important day for me I think.  I found myself feeling motivated and inspired to make changes in my life.  I think hitting that big 3.0. does make people reflect on their life, their accomplishments or  feelings that they haven't accomplished at all what they thought they would have by now.

As that day approached I must admit that those thoughts crept up.  I found myself feeling rather sad of accomplishing my material goals but not the humanistic ones.  The ones that people after surpassing their middle age crisis realize that these are the ones that matter the most.  Well I don't have these, what are they?  Well, I am not married, nor is their an immediate possibility that I will be.  I have no children of my own, or any others that I have sole responsibility for.  My health?  Well much improvement is needed there as well.  My circle of friends is not a circle more like a small dot.  The ones I do have I thank God for, unfortunately a few are not within the tri--state area.  The only thing that I wouldn't change is my family and the closeness that we share.  One out the five humanistic goals is all I have accomplished.

So what is the new birthday resolution, some are tied directly to the 5 others are just for my happiness.  First of course, as many many resolutions include is the attempt to lose weight.  I NEED to do this for my health and physical appearance.  More so for my health as my headaches are starting to return.  I have to take my medication frequently. :(

I guess I should list them all here for my quick reference (here goes)

1. Exercise
2. Medicate (vitamins, prescriptions)
3. Doctor check ups (blood exams & all doctors)
4. Focus on appearance (makeup & clothes)
5. Develop a routine and write schedule (sleep hours, eating habits)
6. Budget money & finances
7. Focus on Charlie (taking him on more walks and vet visits)
8. Write more ( blogger, journal, poems)
9. Socialize more (friends, yahoo groups, coworkers)
10. Education (study new tech tools, newletters) 

Those are my top 10 that require my immediate focus. Wish me luck.

No comments: